HOW WE ARE DIFFERENT
How important is getting your testwork done rapidly or even just completed when agreed? We have built this lab with speed as its primary purpose.
- If you need something urgent, then you need to talk to us. We do urgent everyday and we don’t charge extra for urgent.
- We deliver on time every time.
- We only take on one big project at a time.
- We only take on projects we can deliver on; we can’t afford to have upset clients.
- We do not run a backlog of projects we start on your project as soon as the samples arrive.
- Assay turnaround for us is a standard 3 days for liquors and 4 days for solids. This usually means we can have your results inside a week.
- With the owner working in the business, we make on the spot decisions, helping your project speed through to conclusion.
For years, the big boys have been bleeding the industry with outrageous pricing. We have built this lab with low cost in mind.
- We realise the industry is going through difficult times.
- We knew we could set-up a business to deliver more economical testing without compromising on quality.
- We maintain low cost by having a small physical footprint.
- We achieve low cost by having no overheads in the business. Every employee is a productive employee. Even the lab manager does testwork.
- Our maximum hourly rate is $130 per hour. This is lower than most trades people!
- We are regularly found to be 25% cheaper than the big boys.
- If you are going to another lab you are paying too much.
We ensure confidentiality by minimising the number of people who have access to your confidential information.
- We are a small business meaning your confidential information is in the hands of only a few people.
- If you want to keep something secret you wouldn’t share it with the government would you? Then why would you use a University or some other public owned research organisation similar to CSIRO, ANSTO or MINTEK.
- We can further quarantine your confidential information by providing a dedicated Project Manager for the duration of the testwork and a dedicated and secure file server.
- If the Project is super confidential then the owner of the business will look after the project entirely himself.
- We will be open and upfront with you about any conflicts with work we have done previously for other clients and if necessary seek a release from the client involved.
You expect, and we will keep you fully informed about the progress of your project.
- Metallurgists run and own the business, not bureaucrats or large super funds
- We make decisions first and foremost based on what is best metallurgically for our clients.
- Metallurgists conduct and/or oversee all test work so that, the best outcome from each test is obtained.
- Good communication is a key aspect of professionalism. You expect and we will keep you fully informed about the progress of your project. You will not be left wondering what is going on.
- You as the client have direct contact with the owner of the business. The buck stops with the Bucknell.
- We employee only hand picked staff with a background known to us, so we can be sure the whole team is professional.